Wound oxygenation spray
A topical haemoglobin-based spray for the treatment of chronic wounds
Granulox® is an oxygenating spray for the treatment of chronic wounds, including diabetic foot ulcers, venous leg ulcers, arterial leg ulcers, and mixed leg ulcers for the secondary healing of surgical wounds and pressure sores
When Granulox is sprayed on a wound, highly purified haemoglobin is released. This binds with oxygen from the environment and diffuses through the wound exudate, and the haemoglobin supplies the base of the wound topically with oxygen. The oxygen supply to the base of the wound supports wound healing and patient outcomes
A convenient spray application makes Granulox a portable and easy-to-use adjunct to standard of care wound treatment. Granulox can be applied when the wound dressing is changed, and at least every three days for optimal results.
Studies report that using Granulox results in shorter healing time, reduced pain scores and total cost savings for healthcare providers compared to standard of care
- Twice as many chronic wounds healed at 8–16 weeks compared to standard of care
- Time to heal diabetic foot ulcers 50% shorter than with standard of care
- Treatment costs in diabetic foot ulcers at least 40% lower than with standard of care
- More than 70% of patients reported lower average pain scores at four weeks than with standard of care in chronic wounds
- 99% less slough in chronic wounds after 4 weeks compared to 33% with standard of care
Dr. Marcin Malka, angiologist, surgeon and medical affairs director share on how they use Granulox and Granudacyn in venous leg ulcer management in the PODOS Medical and Podology Clinic, Warsaw.
Further product information
When to use Granulox
Granulox® is a spray for use on chronic wounds. Granulox is an innovative medical device for the treatment of diabetic foot ulcers, venous leg ulcers, arterial leg ulcers, and mixed leg ulcers, secondary healing of surgical wounds and pressure sores. Granulox can also be used on sloughy and infected wounds.
How to apply Granulox
After adequate debridement and cleaning of the wound,Granulox® is sprayed onto the cleaned wound. The nozzle is held about 5-10 cm from the wound, spraying until the wound is completely coated with a thin film. One to two seconds are normally sufficient to cover a wound area of 2 x 3 cm. The spray is applied every time the dressing is changed, or at least every three days. After use, the wound should be covered with a breathable wound dressing.
|Content||Content treatments per can|
- Granulox Brochure (2.34 MB)
- Granulox Spray Instructions (518 kB)
- Granulox user guide (204 kB)
- FAQ Granulox - Oxygen Therapy (126 kB)
- Key findings cost effectiveness haemoglobin spray for treatment of hard to heal wounds (797 kB)
- Instruction for use (4.89 MB)
- Insight article To promote healing, simply add Oxygen.pdf (76 kB)